Hello, Aimee here blogging on behalf of Dan today.
Dan has booked a lot of family portraits lately, and I thought it’d be fun to publish a short blog post on what to wear and what not to wear to your family photo session. The views expressed in this collection of blog posts/Pinterest Boards are not concrete rules, so please take them with a grain of salt. However, if any of the information provided helps making planning your family session easier, well then, that’s great!
The big take away I found from all of the articles: Don’t match, coordinate! The everyone in white/khaki look has gone out of style in favor of something that looks much more natural.
Now here are some great articles to get you started:
- 11 Tips for What to Wear in Family Photos by Click It Up a Notch
- What to Wear in Family Pictures by Kristen Duke Photography
- What to Wear in Your Photos Pinterest Board by Julie Paisley
- How to Pick Outfits for Family Pictures by It’s Overflowing
- Spring Family Portraits Outfit Guide by Daily Mom
And my own piece of advice? Wear something stylish yet comfortable because if you’re miserable in your pictures because those shorts are too tight or that sweater too itchy, you won’t have happy memories associated with your family’s precious and priceless captured moment in time!
Remember, too, with Father’s Day coming up that a DBE Photography Family Session Gift Certificate is a great gift for Dad!
Until next time, friends.